عنوان مقاله [English]
Micro insurance is a key issue for improving the living conditions of the poor. This research aimed at a feasibility study of application of rural micro insurance in rural areas of Iran. The research methodology was descriptive in terms of the strategy and a survey one in terms of the conduction run; and it was also an applied research regarding the target. The statistical population consisted of 81 experts. The data analysis tool was a researcher-made questionnaire, the validity of which was determined by a panel of professors; and its reliability was an acceptable amount of 0.93 found by a preliminary test and Cronbach's alpha. The statistical analysis was done in a confirmatory factor analysis method by using SPSS22 and AMOS18. Results indicated that the social requirements with the standard path coefficient of 0.929 had the highest and the educational-extension requirements with the standard path coefficient of 0.564 had the lowest effects for the use of rural micro insurance. Therefore, the study recommended that measures and facilities should be put in place to form micro finance cooperatives in partnership with the public and private sectors.
1. Abbasi, A., Damankeshideh, M. and Janfeshan, B. (2007). Comparative study of microinsurance with emphasis on treatment insurance. The 13th Seminar on Insurance and Development of Microinsurance, Iran. 13: 17-25. (Persian)
2. Acha, I. and Ukpongt, M.S. (2012). Micro-insurance: a veritable product diversification option for micro-finance Institutions in Nigeria. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 3(8): 78-85.
3. Amin, M. and Kamalkhani, K. (2007). Theoretical basis for examining the micro-finance market, emphasizing the experience of successful Countries. The First International Conference on Insurance and Development, Iran. 14: 25-76. (Persian)
4. Arzromchiler, N. (2006). Various dimensions of poverty in Iran.Economic Research Collection. 27: 9-97. Available at https://www.cbi.ir/page/4315.aspx. Retrieved at 21 April 2016. (Persian)
5. Askari, M. and Rezvani, M. (2007). Relational marketing; an appropriate strategy for the advancement of micro-insurance. The First International Conference on Insurance and Development, Iran. 14: 281-327. (Persian)
6. Azkia, M. (2008). Rural development, prioritizing the rural poverty. Tehran: Tehran University Press. (Persian)
7. Bayat, M. (2013). The importance of feasibility studies. Monthly Newsletter of Building Houses, 17: 14-15. (Persian)
8. Bhatti, M.A. (2010). Takaful industry: global profile and trends. New Horizon (The Institute of Islamic Banking and Insurance), 4(108).
9. Fischer, I. (2006). A demand analysis for livestock micro-insurance in northern Vietnam. International Symposium towards Sustainable Livelihoods and Ecosystems in Mountainous Regions, 1: 1-12.
10. Hassanzadeh, A. and Heidari, H. (2007). The role of micro-insurance in reducing poverty and the role of life insurance. The First International Conference on Insurance and Development, Iran. 14: 1-32. (Persian)
11. IFAD (2012). Enabling the rural poor to overcome poverty. Available at https://www.ifad.org/documents/10180/115a76ab-dcf1-43f4-9683-e20 a4e2dc7b1. Retrieved at 28 April 2016.
12. Karim, M., Koochakzadeh, S., Asna-ashari, H. and Karim, M. (2015). Effect of financial repression on the poverty of villagers in Iran. Quarterly Journal of Space Economics and Rural Development, 4(1): 75-86. (Persian)
13. Karimian, L. (2007). Identifying the factors affecting the demand for health insurance in the design of micro-insurance and providing appropriate strategies in Iran. The First International Conference on Insurance and Development, Iran. 14: 425-450. (Persian)
14. Lloyds (2009). Insurance in developing countries: exploring opportunities in micro-insurance. Lloyds 360 Risk Insight. Available at
https://www.lloyds.com/~/media/lloyds/reports/360/360-other/insuranceindevelopingcountries.pdf. Retrieved at 28 April 2016.
15. Mahdavi, Gh. and Goodarzi, A. (2007). Comparative study of micro-insurance in pioneering countries and strategic recommendations for Iran. Proceedings of 13th Seminar on Insurance and Development of Micro-insurance, Iran. 13: 102-119.
16. Mazloomi, N., Amookhteh, S., Haghbayan, A., Zandi, P., Golestani, M. and Lalianpour, N. (2007). Presentation of the model for the implementation of the plan of insurers in Iran. The First International Conference on Insurance and Development, Iran. 14: 69-108. (Persian)
17. Nabeth, M. (2009). La MicroAssurance en Marche: Enjeux, Mise en Oeuvre, Innovations et Perspectives. Available at
www.ifpass.fr/classeurs/mpd.../microassurance. Retrieved at 28 April 2016.
18. Patel, S. (2007). Takaful and poverty alleviation. The 2nd Asian Conference on Takaful (Insurance), Singapore. 2: 15-28.
19. Piesse, D. (2007). Takaful and Micro-insurance. The 2nd Asian Conference on Takaful (Insurance), Singapore. 2: 36-53.
20. Rashidinejad, H. (2011). Study of micro-finance insurance with Takaful structure in Iran (case study: villages in Kerman city). PhD Thesis of Economics, Faculty of Economics, Allameh Tabatabaei University. (Persian)
21. Sabzi, M. and Mokhtari, M. (2011). Insurance in developing countries: exploiting the opportunities in micro-finance. Insurance Institute, Research Deputy, Scientific Papers and Publications. 7: 11-51. (Persian)
22. Statistics Center of Iran (2011). Population and housing census 2011, Iran.Available athttps://www.amar.org.ir. (Persian)
23. Taleb, M. (2009). Rural development priorities. Tehran: Tehran University Press. (Persian)
24. Tohidiniya, A. (2011). The establishment of micro-cooperative insurance companies; the manifestation of Islamic deprivation in the Iranian insurance market. Journal of Financial-Islamic Research, 1(1): 173-193. (Persian)
25. United Nations (2010). The millennium development goals report. Available at http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/pdf/MDG%20Report%202010%20En%20r15%20-low%20res%2020100615%20-.pdf. Retrieved at 28 April 2016.
26. World Bank (2012), World development indicators (WDI) 2012. NewYork: World Bank. Available at
27. Zandiyeh, M. (2014). A new approach to micro-finance in the agricultural industry. National Conference on Electronic Achievements in Engineering and Basic Sciences, Iran: 18-37. (Persian)