عنوان مقاله [English]
Because of some problems and challenges in policy-making and planning of rural development, the national development programs of Iran have mainly failed in achieving their goals in the rural areas. Hence, the main purpose of this study was to identify and analyze the challenges of rural development policy-making and planning in Iran. These challenges were identified and analyzed in the form of inductive approach by using grounded theory approach. The participants consisted of all experts in rural development and planning area. The purposeful and snowball sampling methods were used to select 28 experts, based on theoretical saturation criterion. The results showed that the lack of development paradigm and theory led to the lack of integrity in rural policy-making and planning system, resulting in the reinforcement of one-dimensional, reductionist and incompatible attitudes and beliefs about rural areas as well as non-participatory approaches.
1. Ministry of Interior Affairs of Islamic Republic of Iran (2016). Investigating the villages located in city limits. Deputy of Rural Assisstence [Dehyari] Affairs of Ministry of Interior Affairs. (Persian)
2. Research Center of Islamic Parliament of Iran (2016). Expert comment on the comprehensive plan of rural development and construction in Iran. No. 15069: 4-6. (Persian)
3. Kalantari, Kh.. Varmazyari, H. and Askari Nodoushan, A. (2012). The future perspective of rural population and challenges of sustainable development management in Iran. Journal of Village and Development, 16(2): 1-23. (Persian)
4. Shakouri, A. (2011). Agricultural development policies in Iran. Tehran: The Organization for Studying and Composing the University Textbooks in Humanities Publication. (Persian)
5. Shokatfādaei, M. and Khalili, M. (2011). Agricultural policy. Payame Noor University Press. (Persian)
6. Karim, M.H. (2014). Economics and rural development. Tehran: Noore Elm Publication. (Persian)
7. Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (2010). Regional development policies in OECD countries. OECD Publishing. DOI: 10.1787/9789264087255-en.
8. Badri, S,A. (2011). Challenges of rural management in Iran and strategic policies presentation. Journal of Management System, 2(3): 147-179. (Persian)
9. Seyfoddini, F. and Panahandehkhah, M. (2010). Challenges and obstacles of regional development planning in Iran. Human Geography Research Quarterly, 73: 83-98. (Persian)
10. Kalantari, Kh. and Choobchiyan, Sh. (2010). Regional planning in Iran: actions and challenges. Journal of Sociology, 5(1): 97-114. (Persian)
11. Firouzniya, Gh. and Rokneddin Eftekhari, A. (2003). Rural position in national development process from experts' viewpoints. Tehran: Institute for Rural Development of Iran Press. (Persian)
12. Rezvani, M.R. (2001). An attitude towards rural development planning system in Iran. Journal of Geographic Research, 41: 25-38. (Persian)
13. Strauss, A. and Corbin, J. (1990). Basics of qualitative research: grounded theory procedures and techniques. Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
14. Strauss, A. and Corbin, J. (2008). Pesquisa qualitativa: técnicase procedimentos para o desenvolvimento de teoria fundamentada (2nd Ed.). Porto Alegre: Artmed.
15. Thorne, S. (2016). Interpretive description: qualitative research for applied practice (Vol. 2). Routledge.