عنوان مقاله [English]
This study aimed at evaluating the participation of farmers in maintenance of covered irrigation canals in Guilan province of Iran. The specific study objectivewas to identify factors affecting the farmers' participation in the maintenance of the irrigation canals. For this purpose, personal-professional characteristics, socio-economic statusand participation level of the farmers were studied. Questionnaire was the main tool of this research, the validity of whichwas confirmed by15 relevant experts and the reliability of which was approved through Cronbach's alpha (%75). Research population included 1203 of local farmers. Sample size was obtained by Cochran’s formula, including 133 individuals completely selected through random sampling.The results ofPearson andSpearman correlation coefficienttests showed that there was a positive and significant relationship of educational level, membership in social institutions, amount of owned land, annual income from various agricultural activitiesand involvement in service affairs for the implementation of canalsprogram with the farmers’ participation in the maintenance of covered irrigation canals at the level of 95%.
1. Egtemai, E., Zahedi, M. and Fayyaz, M. (1999). Farmers' participation in Guilan irrigation and drainage net utilization management. Proceedings of the Farmers' Conference on Irrigation network management. Tehran. (Persian)
2. Imami Bandpi, A. F. and Hosseini, Q. C. (2003). Investigation of factors related to participation of fishermen in the conservation zone of Sari Provinces in conservation of fishery resources. Agricultural Sciences, 9 (4): 93-115. (Persian)
3. Parhizkari, A., Mozaffari, M. M., Hosseini Khodadadi, M. and Parhizkari, R. (2016). Investigating the factors effecting Shahrood watershed participation in Qazvin province in using water and soil conservation using Logit modeling. Journal of Watershed Management Research, 7(13):241-253. (Persian)
4. Pazhohan, A., Amani, A.R. and Salmanzadeh, S. (2016). Analysis of barriers against wheat farmers' participation in the formation of water users association: the case of Dez irrigation system. Rural Development Strategies, 3(3): 365-378. (Persian)
5. Tahbaz salehi, N., Kupai, M. and Nazari, M. (2010) Investigating the performance of participatory irrigation management in Iran: a case study of Tajan water utility cooperative. Economics and Agricultural Development (Agricultural Sciences and Industry), 24 (2): 205-216. (Persian)
6. Jalali, M. and Karami, A. (2006). Determination of factors effecting the pasture participation in rangeland cooperatives in Kurdistan Province. Research and Planting in Agriculture and Gardening, 19(70):35-45. (Persian)
7. Jorabloo, M., Mousavijahromi, H. and Jafariniya, R. (2006). Investigating the factors influencing the attracting participation of Garmsar farmers in irrigation and drainage management in Garmsar plain. The First National Conference on Irrigation and Drainage Management, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz. (Persian)
8. Heidarian, S. A. (2005). Irrigation management transfer: why and how. National Irrigation and Drainage Committee of Iran. The Fourth Technical Workshop on Farmers Participation in Irrigation and Drainage Networks Management. (Persian)
9. Zarei Dastgerdi, Z., Iravani, H., Shabanali Fami, H. and Mokhtari Hesari, A. (2009). Analysis of the background of farmers participation in the management of irrigation network in Jarghouyeh district of Isfahan. Quarterly Rural and Development, 12 (3): 73-92. (Persian)
10. Agricultural Jihad Organization of Guilan Province (2017). The Report of Water and Soil Management and Technical Engineering. (Persian)
11. Shahroodi, A.A. and Chizari, M. (2008). Effective factors on farmers' attitudes toward participation in water utility cooperatives (a case study in Khorasan Razavi province). Agricultural Sciences and Technology, Vol.11, No. 42. (Persian)
12. Shahroodi, A. A., Chizari, M. and Pezeshkirad, Gh. R. (2008). The impact of water utility cooperative on farmers' attitudes toward agricultural water management: a case study of Khorasan Razavi province. Economics and Agricultural Development (Agricultural Sciences and Industry), 22 (2): 71-85. (Persian)
13, Saberifar, R. (2012). Investigating the factors influencing the membership and participation of villagers in rural cooperative companies: a case study of Khorasan province. Journal of Geography and Urban Planning, 2 (4): 65-75. (Persian)
14. Alibaygi, A. A. and Golabi, S. (2012). Analysis of participation rate of rural women in Falavarjan city in cooperatives: application of participating ladder of Shari Nestin. Journal of Women and Society, Vol., No.4.
15. Kikhah, H. (2002). Investigating the possibility of public participation in the operation, and maintenance of irrigation networks in Sistan plain. Tehran: Research and Management Training Institute. (Persian)
16. Mohammadi Nikpour,A.R. and Parastar, A.R. (2006). Water-based development of agricultural production in Khorasan Razavi province. Agricultural Jihad Newsletter, Khorasan Razavi, 4 (23): 7. (Persian)
17. Mozaffari, M. M. (2016). Factors affecting farmers' participation in the use of water and soil conservation (case study of Alamut area). Journal of Agricultural Extension and Education, Vol.8, No.3. (Persian)
18. Mirzaei, A. and Mirdamadi, S.M. (2012). Different structures effecting Golestan province's farmers incentives for participation in watershed organization. Rural Development, 15 (1): 135-151. (Persian)
19. Najafi, B. and Shirvanian, A. (2001). Investigating the participation facility of farmers and local organizations in the management of irrigation and drainage networks. Agricultural Economics and Development, 9 (33): 119-147. (Persian)
20. Yeylagh, H. (2006). Feasibility of establishing participatory management in irrigation networks of Gotvand city. Ms.C. Thesis. Faculty of Economics and Agricultural Development, University of Tehran. (Persian)
21. Cohen, J. M. and Uphoff, N. (1977). Rural development participation concepts: Measures for project design implementation and Evaluation. New York: Cornell University.
22. Deribe, R. (2008). Institutional analysis of water management of communal irrigation system in Ethiopia: the case of Atsbi Wemberta, Tigray region and Adaa Woreda. Oromiya Region. Ethiopia: Addis Ababa University Pub.
23. FAO (1993). Water policies and agriculture in the state of food and agriculture. Rome, pp. 238, 233, 292-293, Based on Information from the International Irrigation Management Institute.
24. Khanal Puspa, R. (2003). Participation and governance in local water management. Wageningen: Wageningen University.
25. Meinzen, R., Mendoza, M., Sadoulet, L., Abiad-Shields, GH. & Subramanian, A. (1994). Sustainable water user associations: Lessons from a literature review. In A. Subramanian, N. V. Jagannathan and R. Menzen-Dick (Eds.), p 49. Lessons from a Literature Review.
26. Steger, T., Avramoski, O. and Gattenlohner, U. (2005). Public participation in integrated water resource management at Lake Ohrid: opportunities and challenges. Available at: WWW. Publications. Ceu. Hu.
27. Uphoff, N. (1996). Getting the process right: improving irrigation management with farmer’s organization and participation. Working Paper. Ithaca New York: Cornell University.
28. Vermilion, D. and Sagardoy, J. (1999). Transfer of irrigation management services guidelines. FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper: pp 58-98.
29. Yercan, M. (2004). Management turning-over and participatory management of irrigation schemes: a case study of the Gediz River Basin in Turkey. Agricultural Water Management, 62(3): 205-214